How To Become An Educator
Becoming an Educator and running a Family Day Care (FDC) business is a very rewarding experience. You will play an intricate role in the lives of the children that come into your care. You will be there to guide and support these children at the most important part of their early learning years.
There are many advantages to becoming an Educator and operating your FDC business:
• Independence and flexibility – work from own home & select your own working hours;
• Operating your own business with the support of the Coordination Unit;
• Great tax advantages from operating your home based business;
• A great support network with other Educators;
• Build long-lasting relationships that benefit the whole family; and
• Fulfilling and rewarding career for Educators that love working with children and are passionate about early childhood education and care.
Prospective Educators are required to:
• Be over 18 years of age;
• Submit a written application for the position of Educator, accompanied by copies of any relevant qualifications, two written references, and other appropriate documentation as stated in the application;
• Current Working with Children Check are required for themselves and any persons over the age of 18 residing at the Educators home;
• A recent medical certificate from a certified practitioner stating suitability to fulfil the requirements of an Approved Educator;
• Have a current public liability insurance policy;
• Have a current First Aid certificate;
• Hold at least a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent);
• Hold an approved current certificate in Managing Asthma and Anaphylaxis;
• Update CPR every 12 months
• Be a fit and proper person to be able to provide a FDC Service;
• Be physically and emotionally able to care for young children;
• Have attitude and commitment towards the Service Philosophy;
• Complete a Home Safety audit of their home in conjunction with the Coordination Unit, ensuring an adequate standard is met for the provision of child care;
• Participate in training in regards to Child Protection Law when required;
Have an appropriate understanding of young children’s needs and development, including:
• The individual differences between children;
• Activities that stimulate a child’s growth and development;
• Nutrition, health, hygiene and safety; and
• Behaviour management.
• Be responsive to children;
• Be able to communicate effectively with adults and children;
• Be aware of and sensitive to the needs of young children and their families, including children from a range of cultures and religions and children with disabilities; and
• Be assessed with regard to their ability to interact positively with children.
FDC is a perfect opportunity to spend time at home with your own children and earn an income or use your childcare qualifications towards a career with FDC.
We are happy to arrange a time to meet with you, have a preliminary visit to your home, meet your family, and discuss your options for FDC as a career.
If you have any further questions or would like to arrange a meeting please contact Chasing Rainbows Family Day Care – 0431 986 605.
Why Choose Chasing Rainbows Family Day Care?
• Family owned and operated
• Personalised service
• Qualified and supportive staff
• Consistent communication
• Group training opportunities
• User friendly website with Educator web profiles
• Effective marketing
• Waiting List
We realise that when your business is successful, Chasing Rainbows FDC is successful.
Our aim is not to be the largest scheme, rather a standout in the industry; a scheme that provides an affordable, personalised service that delivers high quality education and care for our community.
Policies & Procedures